Performance Appraisal System
Automation of Employee Training Management and Performance Appraisal System
Veltrod helped an German-based global provider of IT solutions and services to automate its employee training and performance appraisal management processes. We enabled the client to create and assign courses to employees, administer tests and conduct performance appraisals.
The client is a German based IT services and solutions provider with customers in over 20 countries and a worldwide employee base of 7000. It has expertise in Software Engineering, Application Development, Consulting, and System Integration among others.
Before approaching Veltrod, The client used to train and assess its 7000 employees manually. Apart from being prone to errors, this process was time-consuming and required a lot of effort as the employees were spread across countries. The client required a system to automate employee training and performance appraisal processes that would enable them to do these activities quickly and easily.
Veltrod developed a customized solution based on Moodle, the open source LMS platform. Upon thorough evaluation of various commercial LMS systems, Moodle was selected due to its strong community support, an open framework and easily customizable features.
To automate the training process, Veltrod customized Moodle so that it could be used to create and manage training courses, assign courses to employees and test employees online. Upon successful completion of the course, the LMS automatically generated a certificate for the trainees.
Veltrod helped the client build an online Performance Appraisal system. The workflow of the Performance Appraisal system and the functionalities provided are as follows:
- Upon addition of employees, the respective managers would receive a system generated email informing them of the same with an option to approve or remove any employee from the batch.
- The employees thus approved would receive a confirmation mail. The employees can then login and create a pool of 8 employees who can assess him/her.
- The manager will then receive an email with this information and can reject up to 4 assessors from this pool.
- The approved assessors will then receive an email with a questionnaire to assess the employee.
- Once all the employees and assessors provide their submissions, the system would generate a report detailing the benchmark score, the self-assessed score and the score assigned by the assessor.
The project made use of the MVC design pattern.
- AMCharts (for report creation)
- Apache Server
- Linux (Cent OS)
- Moodle's plug-ins
- Authentication plugin (LDAP)
- Certificate Generator
- Question Behaviours
- Question formats
- Integration with Moodle's LDAP Authentication plugin
- Online automatic training management
- Management of the performance appraisal workflow
- Management of courses and the course content delivery
- Managing employee enrolment
- Administering online tests