- Selling and marketing your products or services online offers a number of advantages. A Web-based business can start small, requires little startup capital and runs itself day and night. Commercial Web-hosting services provide the infrastructure at reasonable prices and a tech-savvy individual can often build much of the site himself. At the same time, traps and pitfalls abound, including hackers, thieves and legislation that can trip up the most successful Web entrepreneur. As in any business venture, building an online marketplace starts with a solid business plan, people who can help make it happen and constant promotion.
- Step 1
Define the target market and customer. Whether trading sports memorabilia, homemade crafts or antique cars, step back and determine the identity of the customer and whether a Web-based marketplace makes sense. Walk through a typical sale and consider how customers and sellers meet, how prices are negotiated and how payments are made. Now put the website into the process and determine how the site facilitates the transaction.
- Step 2
Find a hosting service. Web-hosting provider already has the servers, Internet connections and e-commerce services available, ready to go, for reasonable monthly fees. The servers are preconfigured and hardened to resist hackers and are backed up frequently to prevent data loss. Research several hosting services to determine their fee structures and the services available.
- Step 3
Develop a business plan that defines your vision, goals, customers, competition, marketing, operations, budget and cash flow projections. This detailed, carefully written document forces you to consider the viability of the business and lets you know up front where and when startup capital will be needed. Business planning is not difficult; it just requires some time and research.
- Step 4
Find a lawyer who understands e-commerce. In recent years, the Internet has come under tight scrutiny from both state and federal legislatures; laws, such as the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, make it far more difficult to do commerce on the Web. Customers must agree to terms of service and online privacy statements. These must be carefully crafted to conform to strict legal requirements.
- Step 5
Build the site. Sketch out rough drawings of how the site appears and functions, then find a developer or start building the site. Take the time and spend the money to do it right. The days of homegrown, do-it-yourself sites are long gone. Even professional sites fall to automated hacking software, so make sure the site uses all known security best practices. Test the site for possible use cases and realize that when a customer thinks of your business, this is all that they see.
- About Veltrod:
Veltrod is a global software consulting company specialized in developing an ECommerce website and mobile applications for enterprises.
- Posted by Kokila Midathala
December 18, 2015
- Nowadays it evident that many of the ECommerce portals are getting large number of concurrent users. So the software solution providers started to build a secure and scalable ecommerce applications which will handle huge number of concurrent users that are simultaneously accessing the platform.
- Most of the enterprises recognizes that they need to get into online now more than ever! Grocery chains, Fashion apparels, tire manufactures, jewelry stores almost everyone in the business realizes that they need to quickly adopt digital market place. A shift from the conventional desktop to mobile applications shows where the focus is moving to. So, it is mandated to stay relevant for what the future holds.
- As a technology driven company with focus on helping the clients in digital marketing, Veltrod is equipped to enable the business transformation for enterprises.
- As many people things, Ecommerce stores does not provide “one size fits all” solution. Each and every business has a different consumer products, demographics and marketing channels. Whatever the case, the sales cycle could be random, consistent or seasonality peaks. So the solution is to tailoring the solutions which is flexible and an exact fit to the business needs. We at Veltrod identify the correct configuration of components that is required to make up your ECommerce store which will help to optimize the costs and create better visibility over your marketing expenses.
- As the ECommerce industry is undergoing a major boom across the world and creates an opportunity to buy any product he is looking for, our clients require us to develop an online stores which can cater to huge traffic with few hundred thousand visitors accessing and making transactions on the platform at the same time. Being an industry leader and having an experience in developing similar Ecommerce portals, we build an online store which will allow users to buy a product and make a payment online in a secure manner.
- Wherever we expect huge number of concurrent users to access the ecommerce platform, Veltrod host the ecommerce portal on Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud. We consider the expected traffic over the next few years along with the expected transactions after the launch of the platform in consultation with the client. Our Architect will design the platform with AWS’s dynamic auto scaling facility which enables it to scale up to any amount of concurrent users and transactions. We use Elastic Load Balancer (EBS) and also multiple availability zone to ensure high availability and have consistent performance. We use Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) to make the platform secure. We go with AWS S3 for highly reliable and extremely scalable cloud storage to take care of the backups and provide additional layer for data security.
- We have successfully hosted and managed several eCommerce stores on the Cloud.
- Posted by Kokila Midathala
December 14, 2015
- 2015 is about to end up being a transformational year for substance driven advanced media and venture (another “brilliant age” of substance I anticipated for TechCrunch toward the start of this current year).
- Surprisingly, that speculation (a lot of it SoCal-based) at last took its legitimate spot in the sun –even according to ever-distrustful NorCal investors.
- It was anything but difficult to see why, given mega–deals like Disney Studios purchasing driving multi-station system (MCN) Maker Studios for up to $1 billion, Facebook purchasing virtual-reality organization Oculus VR for $2 billion, Microsoft transferring Minecraft producer Mojang for $2.5 billion, Apple purchasing Dr. Dre’s Beats for about $3 billion, and Amazon grabbing up live gamer site Twitch for $1 billion. Five arrangements totaling generally $10 billion.
- What does this forecast for 2015? Unquestionably, quickening advanced media movement and a proceeded with financial specialist center –-which means billions of dollars of new wagers set by VCs, key speculators and acquirers on substance driven open doors.
- Past that, here are a couple of particular musings on what’s in store for the substance scene throughout the following year:
- The versatile driven, premium, short-frame video economy “grows up,” and conventional media organizations pay heed on a mass scale.
- Shell-stunned studio administrators disguise that computerised first stages are the place they must be to reach cell phone fixated millennials.
- MCN acquisitions will animate as more studios bounce into the M&A amusement as opposed to attempt to make sense of this new substance stage themselves.
- Some driving MCNs ready for procurement incorporate foodie-centered Tastemade, move centered DanceOn, Latino-centered Mitu, games centered Whistle Sports, and Collective Digital Studio.
- Universal additionally turns into a noteworthy new battleground for these borderless video opportunities (European media organization RTL Group’s $150-$200 million securing of U.S.- based design centered MCN StyleHaul is a late marker of additional to come).
- Major shopper brands stick to this same pattern and act decisively.
- Gigantic advertising dollars shift from conventional media to more quantifiable advanced stages as marked substance (not simply advertisements), tearing up the previous surprisingly.
- Real speculations are put on promotion tech organizations to augment and measure those spends.
- We see various critical notice tech ways out like Yahoo’s late securing of BrightRoll for $640 million.
- A few brands go encourage and contribute huge to end up computerized first way of life media organizations themselves a la Red Bull, creating and amassing content. GoPro, Pepsi and Marriott have gladly reported such desire.
- YouTube goes under attack from contending video stages like Facebook and Vessel.
- These “off YouTube” stages bait content makers away with guarantees of all the more convincing consideration, sustaining and financial matters (counting the enticing prospect of genuine membership incomes).
- Traditional pay TV bundles moreover experience harsh criticism in the “Incomparable Unbundling” that started in 2014.
- What was unfathomable only one year prior (even 6 months back!) got to be reality as HBO, CBS, Starz and others declared stand-alone incredible (OTT) administrations.
- A parade of others stick to this same pattern in 2015 (which is not all terrible for link organisations that profit by the hunger for bigger funnels).
- Media and tech organisations will actually focalize.
- Confronting these tectonic movements in since quite a while ago settled plans of action customary media organisations and significant tech organisations, which discover substance progressively basic to fuel their own organizations, consider M&A important. One will pull the trigger on a major ordeal.
- On the music side, organizations move far from stand-alone administrations.
- Huge moves are made far from plan of action tested stand-alone administrations (Spotify and Pandora both still work at a misfortune).
- Like Apple purchasing Beats (which was never about the financial aspects of Beats Music), various potential behemoth purchasers exist.
- Gamers see genuine activity as well.
- Application engineers progressively concentrate on narrating and convincing characters to manufacture multi-stage media organizations a la Rovio with Angry Birds.
- As opposed to take conventional media properties and “gamify” them, these organizations flip the model with an Apps-first approach.
- Finnish-based Silvermile and Seriously are two organizations with Rovio roots to consider … well … important.
- VR likewise enters the ring with gamers all at once in 2016.
- Gamers take to wearables.
- We see an Oculus under each bad-to-the-bone gamer’s tree one year from now, close by their guardians’ new advanced wellbeing and wellnes.
- Posted by Annyesha Bakly
October 16, 2015