- smart meter is an internet-capable device that measures energy, water or natural gas consumption of a building or home.
- With Smart Energy Metering, not only do technicians not have to come and physically read your meter, you have access personally to your energy usage so you can see what impact your consumption patterns have on your wallet and on the environment.
Veltrod IoT Strategies
Entering the fray, however, should not be undertaken lightly. The IoT market’s newness and heterogeneity will make it difficult to negotiate, even by those companies with the strongest capabilities and the clearest, most compelling value propositions.
To develop a strategy for the IoT, Veltrod proceeds
by addressing, in order:
1. Our own role in the IoT.
Given our existing value proposition and capabilities,we see that, are we best suited to be an Enabler, Engager, or Enhancer?
2. Industries and markets.
We assess how our business environment is being (or could be) transformed by the IoT. We see that, what sense do we have of the demand for market? The more IoT activity that already exists in our industry, as it does in automotive, manufacturing, and home-related sectors, the more rapidly we have to move.
3. Customer or business engagement.
Because value in the IoT will be created through the transformation of customer experience, we need strong capabilities in experience design. The IoT could eventually transform the business. What capabilities do we already have in this area, and what will we need to develop? should be the question in our mind.
4. Connected products and services.
We assess our current lineup of offerings to determine which can be enhanced through IoT connectivity, and what new ones could be developed expressly for the IoT. For new launches and innovations, take into account how connectivity will be established, how our company will analyze and use the resulting data, and which other companies we might collaborate with—all set against the proposed revenue model and income stream.
5. An enhanced connection.
Most Engagers will deploy an initial wave of basic connected devices and services. Then they will build further services by using analytics to gain insights from the wealth of new data that the IoT provides them. As these deployments unfold, Engagers will look for ways to increase value. This is where Enhancers will come in. What new business models might emerge? Would we want to develop any of them, or do we want to partner with other companies that can help serve this need?
6. Our organization’s capabilities.
Our company will need to distinguish itself in this space. What will we do that no other company does as well (or at all)? What improvements and investments will we need to make? Where will the necessary time, money, and attention come from; what activities will we need to divest or downplay so their resources can move here?
- Veltrod has gained expertise in building android and iOS apps for IoT using different channels . You can reach us through firstname.lastname@example.org for business enquiries.