Adobe Experience Manager
- Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) 6.0 for a multinational tire brand remains one of our most interesting work on a wide range of technologies. With a knack for record delivery time and top of the line features, this project clearly stands out.
- Being one of the worlds largest and leading multinational brands in the tire manufacturing industry can be challenging. As the market spread over 100+ countries they faced lack of a catalogue lacking updated data with no integration with the marketing channels. Now the end goal has been established. An online platform has been set down for a differentiated user experience.
- First step was to address the aggregation of multiple web pages for different regions/products. This we solved by bringing in all service providers (dealers, distributors, retailers, etc.) from across the country on a seamless, unified platform, providing location-aware services and a new user review system.
- Reviews can make or brake brands. This can be a challenging task as the reviews can be unstructured, meaning we had to pick relevant reviews for relevant products. Our client had seven brands of different pricing and product features. Our task was to selectively match and display reviews along with appropriate products. We implemented an Asynchronous system that copied data from Tire Rack to AEM repository and kept the data ready when someone opened a relevant product. This enabled a near real-time product review experience for the user.
- We implemented Suggestive search, a guided discovery process that helped customers find products that are relevant to their need based on individual criteria. They could compare and choose products that best fit their requirements while going through relevant reviews. Suggestive Search also had auto completion that helped the user enter their requirement quickly. The impact was a substantial increase in sales, indicating deeper customer engagement and a personalized experience.